Wednesday, April 04, 2007

On Eagle's Wings

It's 11:00 am and Im tired. I have been working for the past one hour. Yes, one hour. Because I spent two hours and fifteen minutes commuting here. I spend the same aount of time on the road on the way home. On my first day here, we lost the way. On our second day, we also lost the way. Today, we knew the way but they had to block the road that brings us here. The King wanted to go shopping or something. I have also had a weird week. Several strange things have been happening in my life recently that are difficult to grasp. They're not all tragic, nor painful, but only difficult to rationalize. Some people live in denial to maintain thier sanity. Others release the anger at work or take up go karting - whichever is more violent. I am one of the types that think.

Hence, I decided to read and meditate on way here. Then midway I started listening to my heart instead of my mind. My inner voice told me to listen to me, to get in touch with who I really am and what I really want. I decided to let go of the questions I had and the answers I wanted but didnt have. I surrendered to The Power that is greater than I am...and I listened. I was told to accept and believe for those who do shall never be ashamed.


Then I arrived. My legs were aching. My head hurt. I was feeling sick to my stomach. But a strange sense of strength carried me...on eagle's wings. I met an unpleasant woman who gave me a strange look as i entered the office. One of the curious guys here shocked me to my toes as I picked something off the printer with his squeaky but loud 'Good Morning (What are you doing, by the way?).' I had an unexpected meeting with a very very wary Chinese man who looked as cynical as Inspector Gadget. He asked the tea boy to bring his china cup (with its own little lid on it - looks like the mizo soup containers you get at sushi places) and then he left it untouched as if to set up a turf, lol) in our room. The meeting output made my task a little bit more complicated than it already was.

I drifted away in tought again. I had mixed feelings of joy and saddness. Then my cell phone beeped. It was a short message, only to say, "Trust in the Lord with all you heart and do not rely on your own understanding." (Proverbs 3). I think I need another ride...on eagle's wings.

6 Comments:

Blogger HoneyBee0608 said...

One of the most beautiful verses in The Bible and i like 2write it in arabic:
"أنا حملتكم على أجنحة النسور وجئت بكم إلى"
How wonderful it is really 2feel that u r carried..returning 2being babies?!! can this b true?!! "yes wth God, it is" :)) enjoy it and may God always send u his reminders 2feel his warm touch..
Happy Easter dear..
Nancy

7:31 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Nancy for the sweet wishes :). Wishing you the same. Yes this topic has been on my mind now and I desire to experience it because I believe it's the essence of the difficult times we are put through.
Love,
Amy

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey first ill say Happy Easter Xristos Anesty :) hope ur easter was amazing n u were still ridin on the wings of his eagles ... ya 3einy 3al 7aya bekol ta3abha, bekol 7elwaha we morraha, we kol sa3baha we sahlaha ... laken 3agaby 3alla rabbik ilah qadeer bel iman beye7melna 3al agne7a, nafs el agne7a elli bnoskon ta7t thillaha we bte7meena min il denya we sharraha ... Ilahna 3ageeb mush keda? :)

Meena

4:01 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Yes He is Mena. Ekhristos Anesti!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Christa said...

“Do not remember the past events, pay no attention to things of old. Look, I am about to do something new; even now it is coming. Do you not see it? Indeed, I will make a way in the wilderness, rivers in the desert” (Isaiah 43:18-19 HCSB).


I loved your blog,
one of the few positive ones,
this kind of places that can lift you up in the hard journey of life...

if you don't mind, I'll add your blog's link in mine :-)

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Christa. I have been to your blog: Inspirationalthoughts and I must say I was equally impressed - never have I seen such a large number of self-written encouraging, spiritual articles. Keep up the blessed work!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home