Friday, June 16, 2006

The Terminal

He slumps on the bus stop bench,
watching the minutes tick by,
A bumper sticker says 'sold out!'
He wishes he had time to buy.

He ascends the bus as others hurried
To find the best seat this time,
He rolls out the newspaper he carried
And hides behind "The Times."

Buildings fly by, new ones fly in
While flowers color the scene,
Seats are freed, new faces come in
As he tries to look too keen.

"Where are you going," the driver
Wonders, staring back at him,
"You've skipped all stops
And to the last, we're now checking in."

"Back to where we started, sir
All I did too long was hop,
I realized all I waited for,
Was just another bus stop!"

7 Comments:

Blogger Na22ash said...

Amy .. why don't you choose a "lighter" color to use on the white backgroud?!

And I dont know why the idea that struck me after reading those lyrics is that bus stations look so different from a place to another :))

3:38 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Naccache,

Pardon my blurred vision, my monitor happens to be acting weird recently and by the way I just changed the color :).

Seondly, It's funny how people notice strange things - Thank you for the valuable insight :P.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Lady D :)

The title is inspired by the movie "The Terminal" - Tom Hanks is stuck in an airport, watching people arrive and depart - everybody seems to be running around after "something." So every person he talked to asked him "what are you waiting for?' The funny thing is when he asked them, "What are you really running after?" Nobody had an answer.

So, no its not pessimistic because the passive guy decides to go back and live differently. He realized he only keeps waiting for bus stops and misses out on the big picture. Very few people see that. They get so caught up in planning all stages in thier lives that they forget what they should be really waiting for.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Fawzy said...

very nice ya amy bessara7a,

this movie, the terminal, is one of my favorite movies, it has a lot of great meanings and no need to talk about Tom Hanks’ acting,

U reminded me also by this scene in Forrest Gump when Tom Hanks was sitting on the bus stop holding his box of chocolate :-)

Anyways too much of Tom Hanks for now, have a great day amy and keep posting…

11:59 AM  
Blogger Egyptian Philosopher said...

I thought my blog is difficult to understand and I was so worried about myself, but now I feel not alone when I read your posts.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Gosh, am I supposed to say thank you to that? :P

8:49 AM  
Blogger Fawzy said...

where r u ya amyyy ???

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home