Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Amywayz

I have had this blog space ever since August 2005 but never used it because I was always trying to pin down my blog-perspective into entertaining and understandable material. Often when pondering about funny, serious, world or personal issues that will take a lot of patience to change, I reflect for a while, make a mini conclusion and then write it down to read when I need to maintain my sanity. Although I called this series “Food for thought,” I originally planned to call it "Anywayz."

The term "anywayz" normally occurs to me when I am in the middle of a friendly argument or conversation where I agree to disagree – internally or externally - because I realize we’re at a point where we both can’t really do much to penetrate each other’s minds or views. Human Psychology hasn't been completely fathomed as yet by the world's greatest scientists and so murmuring “Anywayz” just ends the possibly infinite dialogue while still respecting our differences.

While this blog may not discuss rocket science nor current world affairs, it does always promise a "matter-of-fact-food-for-thought-anywayz" message and tone. If you're into comic strips, this place is for you. Comic artists are actually the few gifted ones who see just the right color of the other side of the lawn. I was recently looking at the work of some of the world’s renowned cartoon geniuses about topics like the mess in Iraq, the gay marriage bill, the cartoons in Denmark etc. and could not help admiring their ingenuity and preciseness. Later on, one comic strip enraged me because it was so offensive to Christianity. The artist then responded to his angry audience by making some serious, convincing points about the world’s common perception of religion. I was impressed by the depth and also shocked at how applicable it was to my life but did not respect the technique. However, it was exactly "food-for-thought- anywayz" material. I chose to store it in my mind but maybe not on my laptop.


Having laid the setting, perhaps now is an appropriate time top define Amywayz:

(n). Derivative of Anyway. "An "anywayz" thought generated by Amy and commented upon by fellow bloggers, after which the blog community, including Amy, store them away in the archives – of their blogs and/or their minds – and move on anyway… "

Besides publishing some of my "Anywayz/Food For Thought" writing please expect coverage on ‘anywayz’ politics, ‘anywayz’ peace treaties, ‘anywayz’ leaders, ‘anywayz’ conference calls and round table meetings in the corporate world(Dilbert?), and the ‘anywayz’ head-nodding, never-changing majority of the public in a culture saturated with Dr. Phils and Oprahs . Sadly sometimes the term "anywayz" also becomes the cliche to "Yea, it’s the way things are, but now lets get back to our black- boxes to survive..."

Should you have found this remotely entertaining, please do come back when you’re in an “anywayz” state and I promise you will not be disappointed. If not, you could still click next and perhaps murmur ‘anywayz…’ as well :)



7 Comments:

Blogger antimena said...

Oh finally! i really thought I would see this coming to light a lot earlier than this, but "amyways" ... now is good than never! ;)

I think you had it set ... well planned, and hopefully a major intent to execute! I always enjoyed ure comments, your ideas and arguments during our conversations - althought maybe I wasnt happy at the time ;p- so a great formula here. With your definition, we are definitely bound to see interesting posts ... and a plethora of comments, that will throw other readers into fits of excitement - and therefore more comments!

Welcome to the blog world ... a great addition I am sure .

10:57 AM  
Blogger Egyptian Philosopher said...

AmyWayz Marook :)

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh finally, it is done and a well done.. i liked he definition of the term "amyways" alot . and all the readers will love a 15$ of food-for-thought-amyays.i expect this page is gonna be as similar as the msm chatting window..with a long plethora of comments.and i also see ur blog a field of battles of toughts inside the page and even outside in our hanging out to finalize what we havent completed in the blog.
also i see pianos and pools and antideserts and ladiedddd and blo2s all for sharing their anyways-...-for-thought. but the food is gonna be kept anywaysz for the ages of starvations...
finally welcome to the club of bloggers and it is as antimena said it is a great add.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Fawzy said...

ya alf nhar abyad :-D

welcome to the club ya Amy, we waited for so long to see it :-)

hopefully ur blog won't affect u as our hyper commenter.

yalla waiting to see ur first post...

7:29 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Antimena, thank you for the grand welcome :) John, don worry ya, I am still saving energy to comment - ma7adesh beyensah aslo bardo :P. Philosopher, I thought ure blog was a deep,dark secret? :D Sameh, we need to talk when you come back :P

All in all, Merci, Merci, Merci ya shabab :) *blush*

10:34 AM  
Blogger Na22ash said...

Congratulations from the Guardians Of The Blo2 :)

I like the name .. "Anyways" occupies a big space in our dialogues and our thinking process .. and soon in the Blogosphere ;)

3:31 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Lady D, I might find it hard to comply with your strict quality standards but Ill at least promise to be entertaining :)

The Gaurdians of the Blo2: Menawareen :)

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home